I’m a planner and a list maker, a total type A you guys. It just makes my life so much easier and a lot less stressful to have things planned out. Weekly meal plans are a huge lifesaver to me. I’m not the type of person that can go into the store and just throw things in the buggy as I go and hope some things can work together as meals. It also really helps save money to have a list with planned out meals for the week because you get exactly what you need and don’t have to run back out to get things you forgot, which usually ends up in getting even more stuff that you don’t need.
So here’s what I have found that works great for us
First of all I made a list of every meal that we enjoy. Every single one.
This is a huge help because if I can think of some meals off the top of my head, I can just reference my list and pick a few, instead of spending an hour searching through my Pinterest board. It also helps to avoid making the same things over and over.
I plan out seven meals for each week, although, it’s not a set in stone daily list. I just look at the meals I have for the week and decided what I feel like making each day.
There are a few things I do every week:
- Baked chicken and veggies. Ill add different seasonings or marinades with a different side of veggies each week. It’s healthy, cheap, and a super easy meal.
- Pasta. We love pasta around here. I’ll do some version of a pasta meal each week.
- Ground turkey. We don’t eat ground beef, like ever. Turkey is so much better for you and way cheaper so it’s a win-win. I do one or two turkey meals every week.
- Meatless meal. I like these because they’re usually super quick and money savers Chris isn’t the biggest fan of this day but he’s a trooper.
- Easy cheat meal. I like to do theses on Friday nights or an evening I know we will be out late. Something that requires minimal work like oven baked pizza.
How do you do meal planning and grocery shopping? Leave me some of your ideas in the comments!